AGF Management Limited (AGFML) is committed to ensuring its corporate governance practices evolve with best practices. Each of its directors is actively engaged in his or her duties as a steward of the corporation, tasked with the protection and promotion of shareholder interests. To help galvanize the alignment of interests, AGFML’s Board has established a policy that each board member own at least three times his or her annual retainer in AGF Class B Non‑Voting shares and/or Deferred Share Units.
AGF operates in a highly regulated environment and complies with all legislative and regulatory requirements for its businesses. Regulators include securities commissions and regulators of ﬁnancial institutions in the respective jurisdictions in which AGF operates.
BEST PRACTICES IN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN PLACE AT AGF MANAGEMENT LIMITED
- All three of the Board’s committees meet independence guidelines in terms of composition.
- The Board conducts an annual review of its performance, the performance of each of the Board’s committees, and the performance of each director.
- All directors are required to own at least three times their annual retainer in AGF Class B Non‑Voting shares and/or Deferred Share Units. New directors have 24 months upon appointment to obtain such ownership.
- At each meeting of the Board and Board committees, time is speciﬁcally reserved for independent discussion without management present.
- An orientation and education program is in place for all new directors, as well as a continuing education program for all directors.
- All directors, officers and employees of AGF must acknowledge their adherence annually to AGF’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics