Insight from Martin Grosskopf, Vice-President and Portfolio Manager, AGF Investments Inc.
Martin Grosskopf explains his investment philosophy and the global themes on which he is currently focused.
The trends behind sustainable investing
Martin Grosskopf, Vice-President and Portfolio Manager, AGF Investments Inc., discusses the trend behind fossil fuel divestment as investors diversify away from carbon risk and become more engaged with companies that are providing solutions to dramatically reduce emissions.
New rules and emerging technologies are creating huge opportunities for companies that mitigate the environmental impact of natural resources operations. Martin Grosskopf, Portfolio Manager, AGF Investments Inc., explains which companies to watch.
Differentiated, all-cap portfolio:
• 40-60 companies
• Mixture of companies (materials, suppliers and producers)
• At various stages of maturity
• Focused on environmental solutions or resource efficiencies
• Low-carbon footprint
• Appropriate for mission-based investors
• Catalyst is usually technology or product-related
– expected impact within 18 months
• Companies with a definable environmental advantage
which has not been reflected in their share price
• Theme and stock screening for relative strength
AGF Global Sustainable Growth Strategy offers investors access to four mega themes within which market-relevant subthemes are identified.
|ENERGY & POWER TECHNOLOGIES||WASTE MANAGEMENT & POLLUTION CONTROL||WATER & WASTEWATER SOLUTIONS||ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY|